For more than 77 years, The Fuquay Varina Independent has served the people of Wake County as their primary source of news, as well as a guide to satisfy the community’s appetite for goods and services through advertising of local merchants. The first issue was dated July 1935.
MULTIMEDIA DELIVERY TO A LARGE % of the COMMUNITY
Our goal of giving readers a balanced and fair account of what goes on in this community and elsewhere in the world will never change, while the means through which we deliver your community news and information has expanded rapidly. Today, our community members can take their news in print weekly, through e-mail daily, online and using their mobile devices anytime, as well as through live streaming broadcasts from locations around town.
The Fuquay Varina Independent seeks to provide the news the community needs, reported faithfully and fully, with respect for all and favor to none. We strive to be authoritative and insightful, to inform and to delight.
To accomplish this mission, we set for ourselves the following goals:
· To be the indispensable, timely source of information and community coverage, examining all subjects that impact readers.
· To provide community members with information relevant to their daily lives.
· To raise issues aggressively and constructively in matters of public interest.
· To reflect the diversity of our community’s people.
· To ensure that the right information, reaches the right audience, at the time they want it using the wide variety of formats available to us.
CLOSING APPEAL FOR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Our news and information products have our name on them. However we want you to think of them as yours, too. Use, enjoy, and let us know how we can make them better. We are always eager to hear from you.