To commemorate Black History Month, Wake County Public Libraries is offering programs in area locations featuring professional genealogists who will share resources for researching African American heritage. Resources discussed include materials housed at the Olivia Raney Local History Library, the State Library of North Carolina, the N.C. State Archives and the Family History Center. This workshop will demonstrate how to make the process of finding one’s ancestors easier.
Registration is requested although the programs are free of charge. Staff from the Olivia Raney Local History Library and the State Library will be offering the hour-long sessions at varying locales.
- Jan. 31 at 7 p.m. - Olivia Raney Local History Library in Raleigh
Call 919-250-1196 to register.
- Feb. 1 at 11 a.m. - East Regional Library in Knightdale
Call 919-217-5300 to register.
- Feb. 4 at 7 p.m. - Cameron Village Regional Library in Raleigh
Call 919-856-6710 to register.
- Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. - West Regional Library in Cary
Call 919-463-8500 to register.
- Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. - North Regional Library in Raleigh
Call 919-870-4000 to register.
- Feb. 22 at 10:30 a.m. - Eva Perry Regional Library in Apex
Call 919-387-2100 to register.
- Feb. 28 at 7 p.m. - Southeast Regional Library in Garner
Call 919-662-2250 to register.