N.C. State Fair fans wanting to save money on admission and rides will have nine locations where they can buy discounted advance tickets beginning Sept. 27.
Admission tickets and ride sheets will be on sale Sept. 27-Oct. 11 at the following places:
* N.C. Museum of History, 5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays.
* N.C. State Fairgrounds, Gate 9 off Trinity Road, Raleigh, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily.
* State Farmers Market, 1201 Agriculture St., Raleigh, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily; ticket booth is between the Farmers Building and Market Shoppes.
* Triangle Town Center guest services desk, 5959 Triangle Town Blvd., Raleigh, daily during mall hours.
* Northgate Mall guest services desk, 1028 W. Club Blvd., Durham, Sept. 27-29, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sept. 30, noon-6 p.m.; Oct. 1-4, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Oct. 5-10, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; Oct. 11, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
* N.C. License Plate Agency, 5410-AB N.C. Highway 55, Durham, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays.
* Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, Clayton Village Shopping Center, 11681 U.S. 70 Business West, Clayton, daily 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
* Holly Hill Mall guest services desk, 309 Huffman Mill Road, Burlington, daily during mall hours except Oct. 11, when sales will end at 6 p.m.
* Wilson Mall, 1501 Ward Blvd., Wilson; tickets on sale near J.C. Penney daily during mall hours except Oct. 11, when sales will end at 6 p.m.
All locations will accept cash, Visa and MasterCard.
People who purchase tickets by Oct. 11 will save $2 per adult admission ticket and $8 on each sheet of ride tickets. Advance admission tickets cost $6 for adults and $2 for children ages 6-12. Adult admission tickets for groups of 40 or more are $5. Ride sheets cost $10 in advance. Concert tickets will not be available at retail locations.
Advance tickets also are available online at www.ncstatefair.org through Oct. 11.
The N.C. State Fair will take place Oct. 11-21 at the State Fairgrounds.