The Harnett County Extension and Community Association organization is sponsoring one and two day skills classes as a part of a Heritage Skills and Arts event, Jan. 28, 29 and 30. The classes are open to any interested individual and will be held at the Cooperative Extension Office, 126 Alexander Drive, Lillington, NC 27546. Registration fee is $10.00 for each class and specific classes will also have a supply fee. Classes will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day. Registration begins each day at 8:30 a.m. Participants are requested to bring a bag lunch or they will be given time for lunch on their own for day long classes.
Classes offered are as follows:
- Knitting for Beginners – Monday, Jan. 28
Instructor: Mary Byrd Supply fee: $10
- Scrapbooking 101 – Monday, Jan. 28
Instructor: Christi Riggs Supply fee: $10
- Beaded Jewelry Making – Monday, Jan. 28
Instructor: Natasha Strong Supply fee: $25
- Learning How to Cane a Chair Seat — Monday and Tuesday, Jan. 28 and 29
Bring a chair to cane with drill holes around the perimeter
Instructor: Judy Sullivan Supply fee: $50
- Digital Photography — Tuesday and Wednesday- Jan. 29 and 30
Bring your camera and manual
Instructor: Milbren Thomas Supply fee: $12
- Introduction to Calligraphy — Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 29 and 30
Instructor: Wanda Gregory Supply Fee: $10
- Beads Making – Jewelry by Esther – Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 29 and 30
Instructor: Esther Collier Supply fee: $15
Bring a sweet or white potato for first project.
- Crocheting for Beginners—Wednesday, Jan. 30
Instructor: Rose Cotton Supply Fee: $10
For more information or to register or receive a registration packet for the classes contact, Cooperative Extension at phone: 910-893-7535 before Jan. 18. You may also mail your registration fees to Harnett County Extension Association, 126 Alexander Drive, Lillington, NC 27546. Make checks payable to Harnett County ECA.
Call Cooperative Extension for additional information at 910-893-7535.