Wake County residents can help enhance trails at County parks by recycling their holiday trees with the Happy Trails Holiday Tree Recycling Program, from Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012, through Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Trees collected through the designated Wake County Convenience Centers will be chipped and used to mulch trails at County parks. The following locations will be accepting holiday trees:
- Convenience Center #1: 10505 Old Stage Road, Raleigh
- Convenience Center #2: 6025 Old Smithfield Road, Apex
- Convenience Center #4: 3600 Yates Mill Pond Road, Raleigh
- Convenience Center #7: 9008 Deponie Drive, Raleigh
- Convenience Center #11: 5051 Wendell Boulevard, Wendell
Select County parks will be also accepting holiday trees from Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012, through Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013, from 8 a.m. until sunset. The following parks will be accepting the trees:
- Blue Jay Point County Park: 3200 Pleasant Union Church Road, Raleigh
- Harris Lake County Park: 2112 County Park Drive, New Hill
- Lake Crabtree County Park: 1400 Aviation Parkway, Morrisville
Holiday trees must be undecorated (remove ornaments, tinsel, lights, etc.) to be accepted. Most holiday waste can be recycled at any of the Wake County Convenience Centers including wrapping paper (no foil), holiday cards, corrugated cardboard and more. In addition, Wake County Multi-Material Recycling Facilities can recycle items such as cell phones, baby strollers and car seats, electronics, rigid plastics, electronics and more.
For more information, call 919-856-7400 or visit www.wakegov.com/recycling.